[Update 1/29/2009: I’m happy to report that we are no longer looking!]
We (Agentek) are looking for an experienced ScrumMaster. If you know of someone in the Atlanta area that is looking for a position with a growing company that is early in its transition to agile software development and is committed to the Scrum process, please send him or her our way.
Here is the job description…
Agentek is a leading provider of mobile field force automation and communications solutions that enable businesses to achieve a predictable, reliable and repeatable customer experience from commitment to service fulfillment in real-time. From customized and pre-packaged applications to backend enterprise integration, Agentek delivers best-in-class mobile computing solutions that address the challenges companies face in areas such as field service, transportation and logistics automation. For additional information visit www.agentek.com.
We currently seek a Software Development Manager/ScrumMaster to join our expanding technical team.
Reporting to Agentek’s Vice President of Products and Engineering, our Software Development Manager/ScrumMaster will be working in an environment specifically designed for rapid application development of wireless applications for the Field Service Automation and Logistics market. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team of 8-10 developers AND have experience as a ScrumMaster in a highly Agile development environment. Will be ScrumMaster for 2 teams and provide guidance to developers as a manager and Scrum coach.
- As ScrumMaster, coordinate and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, Sprint planning sessions, Sprint reviews, and Sprint retrospectives
- Work closely with the Product Owners, ensuring that product backlogs are updated and ready for the teams
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Help team members to understand roles in the Scrum process (planning, review, estimating, etc.)
- Work with team to estimate story points
- Help team to choose stories and tasks in a Sprint, decompose stories into appropriate size tasks, and ensure that team does not over commit
- Work with team to define what “done” means
- Ensure that Sprint burndowns are updated daily and are visible to the team
- Encourage team to adopt Agile engineering practices
- Ensure accuracy of information tracked during Sprints
- Manage departmental resources and staffing – enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team, hiring and terminating as appropriate to ensure a solid team
- Conduct performance reviews of team members, coaching team members in how to be most effective in the Agile/Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Deep understanding of Agile principles including eXtreme Programming and Scrum
- 5-10 years experience in software development and 2-5 years as development Manager or Director managing teams of at least 6 engineers.
- Previous development experience with Visual Basic, C#, ASP.NET, and MySQL
- History of managing projects, both successfully and unsuccessfully
- Ability to balance the servant/leader role
- Strong business and technical vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, leadership, and mentoring skills as a motivated person who encourages others
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and work well with people at all levels
- Ability to field and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a early-stage or venture-funded company
- Ability positively to engage conflict and constructively resolve problems
- Mobile application experience a big plus, but not required
To learn more about this exciting opportunity with a leading provider of mobile computing solutions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter describing your experience of required skills in the body of the letter, and include or attach a Word, HTML, or PDF version resume.